Advanced Rigging Licence (RA)
CPCCLRG4001A – Licence to Perform Rigging Advanced Level
This unit specifies the outcomes required to perform rigging work at the advanced level, which includes all the outcomes for rigging work at the basic and intermediate levels, and also includes rigging of gin poles and shear legs, flying foxes and cable ways, guyed derricks and structures, and suspended scaffolds and fabricated hung scaffolds for licensing purposes.
Training and assessment is conducted by On the Job Training on behalf of WorkSafe Connect (Registered Training Organisation – 31385) under a registered third party arrangement with the Australian Skills Quality Authority.
Worksafe Connect (RTO#31385)
DG – Licence to Perform Dogging
RI – Licence to Perform Rigging Intermediate
CPCCLRG4001A - Licence to Perform Rigging Advanced Level
This course is designed to ensure that participants have the skills and knowledge required to perform rigging work at the advanced level, which includes all the outcomes for rigging work at the basic and intermediate levels, and also includes rigging of gin poles and shear legs, flying foxes and cable ways, guyed derricks and structures, and suspended scaffolds and fabricated hung scaffolds for licensing purposes.
This unit requires the applicant to be able plan the work, select and inspect equipment, set up task, erect structures and plant and dismantle structures and plant.
Please note that this course has a pre-requisite requirement that participants hold the unit CPCCLRG3002A Licence to perform rigging intermediate level or holding a valid licence for intermediate rigging. Participants will have to provide a copy of their Statement of Attainment or their High-Risk licence as evidence.
This course is based upon the National Standard for Licensing Persons Performing High Risk Work.
- Plan job
- Select and inspect equipment
- Set up task
- Erect structures and plant
- Dismantle structures and plant
- Ability to calculate Safe Working Load (SWL) and Working Load Limit (WLL)
- Ability to erect and dismantle, level, plumb and stabilise associated plant
- Ability to work safely at heights including the correct application of safety equipment.
- Accurate interpretation of structural charts and structural plans (Site information)
- Applying methods for making temporary connections of ropes using fibre and synthetic types
- Correct application and use of all rigging and associated equipment
- Risk assessment and hazard control strategies
- Interpersonal and communication skills at a level sufficient to site/workplace requirements. This includes the relevant communication methods and equipment.
- Verify problems and equipment faults and demonstrate appropriate response.
- Appropriate mathematical procedures for estimation and measurement of loads
- Ability to interpret manufacturer's specifications for all plant and equipment use in rigging operations
- Knowledge of principles relating to all plant, equipment and structural stability
- Knowledge of the types and functions of rigging, safety and associated equipment including an understanding of their limitations
- Organisational and workplace standards, requirements, policies and procedures for rigging
- Understanding of the hierarchy of hazard identification and control
- Relevant Commonwealth, state or territory and local government OHS legislation, standards and codes of practice for undertaking rigging activities
- Understanding of inspection and maintenance requirements of a wide range of appropriate plant and equipment in line with Australian Standards or manufacturer's specifications
- Estimation of ground bearing pressures of the full range of soil types and associated ground conditions for setting up plant and equipment.
On the Job Training delivers training on behalf of WorkSafe Connect (Registered Training Organisation (RTO) – 31385). Please note the following with respect to this third party arrangement:
- Training and assessment is conducted by On the Job Training on behalf of WorkSafe Connect under a registered third party arrangement with the Australian Skills Quality Authority;
- On successful completion of a program, WorkSafe Connect will issue qualifications or statements of attainment;
- If you have any questions regarding this third party arrangement or the training on offer then please feel free to contact WorkSafe Connect on [email protected] or 07 3277 3282.