Enter and Work In Confined Spaces – RIIWHS202D
RIIWHS202D – Enter & Work In Confined Spaces
This 1-day entry level course provides participants with the skills and knowledge required to enter and work in confined spaces. The course takes participants through the process that will give valuable knowledge regarding the common safety practices of when they enter and work in a confined space.
Training and assessment is conducted by On the Job Training on behalf of WorkSafe Connect (Registered Training Organisation – 31385) under a registered third party arrangement with the Australian Skills Quality Authority.
Worksafe Connect (RTO#31385)
RIIWHS202D - Enter & Work In Confined Spaces
Our confined space training course will run the participants through such areas as planning to work in a confined space, preparing to work in a confined space, working in a confined space, exiting from a confined space and cleaning up once the task has been completed.
We run the working at heights training program in Helensvale on the Gold Coast or Onsite.
The skills and knowledge that you obtain during the Confined Space Training course is suitable for working in confined spaces across a wide range of industries including the Resources Sector, Quarrying, Drilling, Agriculture, Councils/Government, Defence, Manufacturing, Heavy Industry, Defence and Civil Construction industries.
- Locates and applies relevant documentation, policies and procedures
- Demonstrates completion of entering and working in confined spaces
- Obtain appropriate entry permit and instructions for performing work in confined space
- Interpreting and applying safe work method statements
- Tagging and lock out
- Selecting, wearing and caring for personal protective equipment applicable to all tasks and environment identified
- Using atmospheric monitoring devices
- Working in the confined space
- Applying safe materials handling methods
- Identifying areas that constitute confined spaces
- Complying with site and equipment safety requirements
- Complying with the entry and exit procedures, risks and regulations
- Types of air contaminants and toxic gases
- Identifying the limitations of breathing apparatus
- Identifying equipment types, characteristics, technical capabilities and limitations
- Complying with site isolation and site control responsibilities and authorities
On the Job Training delivers training on behalf of WorkSafe Connect (Registered Training Organisation (RTO) – 31385). Please note the following with respect to this third party arrangement:
- Training and assessment is conducted by On the Job Training on behalf of WorkSafe Connect under a registered third party arrangement with the Australian Skills Quality Authority;
- On successful completion of a program, WorkSafe Connect will issue qualifications or statements of attainment;
- If you have any questions regarding this third party arrangement or the training on offer then please feel free to contact WorkSafe Connect on [email protected] or 07 3277 3282.