Licence to operate a materials hoist (HM)
CPCCLHS3002A Licence to Operate a Materials HoistCovers the operation of a builder’s hoist by which only goods or materials and not personnel may be hoisted and where the car, bucket or platform is cantilevered from, and travels up and down externally to, a face of the support structure. Training and assessment is conducted by On the Job Training on behalf of WorkSafe Connect (Registered Training Organisation – 31385) under a registered third party arrangement with the Australian Skills Quality Authority.
Worksafe Connect (RTO#31385)
CPCCLHS3002A Licence to Operate a Materials Hoist
COURSE OVERVIEW:Covers the operation of a builder’s hoist by which only goods or materials and not personnel may be hoisted and where the car, bucket or platform is cantilevered from, and travels up and down externally to, a face of the support structure.
This unit requires the operator to plan work, conduct routine checks, check controls and operation, conduct hoist operation and shut down and secure hoist.
This course is based upon the National Standard for Licensing Persons Performing High Risk Work.
- Plan job
- Conduct routine checks
- Conduct hoist operations
- Shut down and secure hoist
- Accurately record and maintain information relating to materials hoist operations
- Communication techniques in the workplace including bells, lights, hand signals intercom and use of two-way radios
- Conduct materials hoist operations
- Hazards associated with the operation of the materials hoist are identified, risks are assessed and effective hazard prevention/control measures for those hazards identified and put into place
- Inspect materials hoist equipment, safety equipment and installation for safe operation
- Interpersonal communication skills at a level sufficient to communicate with other site personnel (e.g. receive and interpret work instructions, safety information, emergency procedures)
- Verify problems and equipment faults and demonstrate appropriate response procedures.
- Weight of the load is determined from labels, markings or load paperwork
- Level of literacy to be able to read and comprehend manufacturer's instructions, procedures and safety signs
- Commonwealth, state or territory OHS legislation, standards and codes of practice relevant to the full range of processes for the hoist class
- Hoist operations and operating techniques
- Understanding of the hierarchy of hazard identification and control
- Materials safety data sheets and requirements for safe movement of materials
- Organisational and workplace standards, requirements, policies and procedures for conducting operations for the hoist class
- Procedures for the recording, reporting and maintenance of workplace records and information
- Rated capacity and working load limits
- Typical routine problems encountered in the operation of a materials hoist, inspection techniques and adjustments required for correction.
On the Job Training delivers training on behalf of WorkSafe Connect (Registered Training Organisation (RTO) – 31385). Please note the following with respect to this third party arrangement:
- Training and assessment is conducted by On the Job Training on behalf of WorkSafe Connect under a registered third party arrangement with the Australian Skills Quality Authority;
- On successful completion of a program, WorkSafe Connect will issue qualifications or statements of attainment;
- If you have any questions regarding this third party arrangement or the training on offer then please feel free to contact WorkSafe Connect on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07 3277 3282.