Licence to operate a Reach Stacker (RS)
TLILIC0011 – Licence to Operate a Reach Stacker (greater than 3 tonnes capacity)
A reach stacker is a type of mobile plant (with greater than 3 tonnes capacity) that incorporates an attachment for lifting, moving and travelling with a shipping container.
Training and assessment is conducted by On the Job Training on behalf of WorkSafe Connect (Registered Training Organisation – 31385) under a registered third party arrangement with the Australian Skills Quality Authority.
Worksafe Connect (RTO#31385)
TLILIC0011 - Licence to Operate a Reach Stacker (greater than 3 tonnes capacity)
A reach stacker is a type of mobile plant (with greater than 3 tonnes capacity) that incorporates an attachment for lifting, moving and travelling with a shipping container. (not including a shore based container handling gantry crane).
Reach stacker means a powered reach stacker that incorporates an attachment for lifting and lowering a shipping container.
A CN Licence no longer covers a reach stacker. We can use it as RPL and tailor a plan to suit you.
For more information on crane class encompassments please see the WHSQ Crane Encompassment Link
This course requires the operator to plan the work, prepare for the work, perform the work and pack up and secure machinery after work.
This course is based on the requirements of the National Standard for Licensing Persons Performing High Risk Work.
- Plan work/ task
- Prepare for the work/ task
- Perform the work/task
- Pack up after the work/ task
- Applying mathematical procedures in conjunction with reach stacker load chart
- Applying best mobile practice
- Assessing suitability of planned route for reach stacker and ensuring appropriate path is in accordance with traffic management plan
- Checking container weights to ensure they are within reach stacker capacity in accordance with range diagram/container chart
- Communicating with other workplace personnel through using appropriate worksite protocols
- Completing the pre-start operational check
- Completing operational checks
- Communicating with other workplace personnel
- Complying with Commonwealth, state and territory Work Health and Safety (WHS)/Occupational Health and Safety (OHS)/Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) legislation
- Conducting and applying risk and hazard assessment strategies
- Confirming and following traffic management plan procedures relevant to their role in the work area
- Confirming weight of containers identified for task/job in consultation with associated personnel
- Ensuring risk control measures within the work area are effective as per workplace procedures
- Inputting container data into reach stacker computer as required and checking operation to accurately reflect reach stacker
- Interpreting and confirming relevant documentation for the work task and relevant area
- Receiving, interpreting and applying workplace instructions, safety information, emergency procedures
- Reporting to relevant person/s on site risk control measures that are not in place or deficient
- Receiving and interpreting workplace instructions, safety information and emergency procedures
- Recording and maintaining accurate information relating to reach stacker operations
- Shutting down a reach stacker, greater than 3 tonnes capacity in accordance with manufacturer specifications and safe work procedures
- Using and interpreting reach stacker manufacturer specifications and data, including load charts, to enable reach stacker to be configured
On the Job Training delivers training on behalf of WorkSafe Connect (Registered Training Organisation (RTO) – 31385). Please note the following with respect to this third party arrangement:
- Training and assessment is conducted by On the Job Training on behalf of WorkSafe Connect under a registered third party arrangement with the Australian Skills Quality Authority;
- On successful completion of a program, WorkSafe Connect will issue qualifications or statements of attainment;
- If you have any questions regarding this third party arrangement or the training on offer then please feel free to contact WorkSafe Connect on [email protected] or 07 3277 3282.