Slewing Mobile Crane Licence (C0)
TLILIC0015 – Licence to Operate a Slewing Mobile Crane (over 100 tonnes)
This course is designed to ensure that participants have the skills and knowledge required to operate a slewing mobile crane (over 100 tonnes) for licensing purposes. It encompasses the requirement for non-slewing mobile crane licence and the vehicle loading crane licence.
Training and assessment is conducted by On the Job Training on behalf of WorkSafe Connect (Registered Training Organisation – 31385) under a registered third party arrangement with the Australian Skills Quality Authority.
Worksafe Connect (RTO#31385)
DG – Licence to Perform Dogging
C1 – Licence to Operate a Slewing Mobile Crane (up to 100 tonnes)
TLILIC0015 - Licence to Operate a Slewing Mobile Crane (over 100 tonnes)
This course requires the operator to plan the work, conduct routine checks, set up crane, transfer loads, mobile loads and shut down and secure the crane.
Competence in this unit, does not in itself result in a High Risk Work Licence to operate this plant. A student must successfully complete the National Assessment Instrument (NAI) (which is the mandated assessment for the HRWL to operate the relevant licencing class as detailed in this unit) and be issued with an AS1.
Course Entry Requirements
- Plan work
- Conduct routine checks
- Set up crane
- Transfer load
- Mobile load
- Shut down and secure crane
- Operate a slewing mobile crane (over 100t capacity) for the lifting and moving of loads to the safe working rated capacity in conjunction with other associated personnel
- Apply risk assessment and hazard control strategies
- Use and interpret crane manufacturer's specifications and data, including load charts, to enable the crane to be configured for the load
- Verify problems and equipment faults and demonstrate appropriate response procedures
- Appropriate mathematical procedures for estimation and measurement of loads
- WHS legislation, standards and codes of practice relevant to the full range of processes for the crane class
- Mobile slewing crane characteristics and capabilities to allow the configuration of the crane to suit the range of loads
- Understanding of the hierarchy of hazard identification and control
- Organisational and workplace standards, requirements, policies and procedures for conducting operations for the crane class
- Procedures for the recording, reporting and maintenance of workplace records and information
- Rated capacity and working load limits (including use of crane load charts)
- Typical routine problems encountered in the process and with equipment and adjustments required for correction
On the Job Training delivers training on behalf of WorkSafe Connect (Registered Training Organisation (RTO) – 31385). Please note the following with respect to this third party arrangement:
- Training and assessment is conducted by On the Job Training on behalf of WorkSafe Connect under a registered third party arrangement with the Australian Skills Quality Authority;
- On successful completion of a program, WorkSafe Connect will issue qualifications or statements of attainment;
- If you have any questions regarding this third party arrangement or the training on offer then please feel free to contact WorkSafe Connect on [email protected] or 07 3277 3282.